Begin Your Application Modernization Journey
Businesses today are moving to containers and Kubernetes, also known as K8s, to improve delivery metrics, accelerate digital transformation and decrease time to market. But this transition to a modern application framework often leaves businesses struggling to streamline the delivery of critical applications and infrastructure while delivering meaningful results to their customers and shareholders.
Rackspace Managed Platform for Kubernetes (MPK), powered by Platform9’s Managed Kubernetes (PMK) solution, solves these common customer challenges by providing a:
- Single pane of glass for deploying and clusters managing across private and public cloud
- Curated platform experience through frequently requested infrastructure services for containerized workloads and applications with a high degree of Kubernetes security
- Specialized support team comprised of Certified Kubernetes Administrators versed in Kubernetes, Platform9 and multicloud
A pod includes a small group of Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)-certified engineers, a lead architect and an engagement manager who work together to:
- Design your MPK and Kubernetes deployment
- Manage operations of the entire stack using infrastructure as code
- Provide monitoring, alerting and response for the cluster, cluster services and underlying infrastructure
- Assist with the platform upgrade for all Infrastructure Applications and Kubernetes features alongside supported cluster services
- Ensure clusters are properly configured and conform to official Kubernetes specifications
- Optimize performance by establishing and maintaining performance targets through routine audits, analysis and recommendations
- Manage security through timely upgrades, sound identity posture, container image scanning, runtime security and network protection
By design, Kubernetes offers portability across clouds. Rackspace Managed Platform for Kubernetes enables the movement of your container-based applications across multiple clouds and environments for greater flexibility and accelerated time to market.
The Rackspace Managed Platform for Kubernetes includes support for Rackspace Hosted Kubernetes on Bare Metal, AWS EKS and support for Azure Kubernetes Service.
The Rackspace Kubernetes Stack provides a consistent set of technologies across all your clusters for repeatable and scalable deployments.
At the core of the stack, you’ll find the Infrastructure, Certified, and Catalog Application categories:
- Infrastructure Applications are fully integrated into MPK's software with one-click virtual machine deployments and managed upgrades.
- Certified Applications are deployable through MPK's software, but integration is more limited with lifecycle activities managed by Rackspace Technology and the customer.
- Catalog Applications are commonly open source and limited to community support. We deliberately defined this category because we realize that no two customers are alike, and it is critical that MPK allows for some level of customization.
We secure your technology stack from the infrastructure to the Kubernetes cluster, including the containers running inside the cluster and the additional services required to run applications. We care of it, so you don’t have to.
Based on the same technology that allows Google to run billions of containers each week, Kubernetes can easily scale to meet the needs of even the fastest-growing enterprise.
Kubernetes Certified Service Provider
500+ Kubernetes Clusters Managed
50+ Certified Kubernetes Administrators (CKA)
“Onica (a Rackspace Technology company) came onboard matching the high standards the Babbly team embodies, and worked closely with us so we could release our application on schedule.”Read the case study
Ready to Get Started?
We’re experts on your side, doing what it takes to get the job done right — from the first consultation to your daily operations.
Power Your Advantage
Discover related solutions to help you achieve smarter business outcomes.
Amazon Web Services
Experience how AWS’s leading-edge cloud capabilities can help you work smarter, lower costs and innovate with agility.
Google Cloud Platform
Get proactive support and always-on expertise so you can maximize your investment in Google Cloud.
Solve cloud challenges with a managed Microsoft Azure solution that helps you build new revenue streams, increase efficiency and deliver incredible experiences.
Tap into the full benefits of the cloud by building applications with cloud native technologies, modern architectures and automated development workflows.
Cloud Adoption and Migration
Adopt clouds and ease migration to accelerate innovation and optimize performance.
Learn more about how we’re solving with Kubernetes-as-a-Service.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.
Rackspace Technology Careers
Rackspace Technology accelerates the value of the cloud during every phase of a customer’s digital transformation. Join us on our mission.