Rackspace Object Storage
Maximize the value of your unstructured data with clear and consistent pricing as low as $0.02 USD per GB with no Rackspace egress, retrieval or API call fees.Get started Learn more
Rackspace Object Storage Overview
Rackspace Object Storage is a fully managed data storage service that helps organizations store, secure, and utilize large pools of unstructured data. It provides massively scalable, multi-tiered S3 object storage available from our globally distributed data centers, making your information actionable, anywhere, anytime, without surprises.
Our all-in pricing includes Rackspace data egress, retrieval and API calls at no additional cost. This provides key benefits, including:
- Data sovereignty and compliance requirements.
- Highly scalable storage requirements.
- Instant retrievability.
- Consistent and significant savings for customers with high data egress and those utilizing multiple cloud provider toolsets.
|Price||Performance||Erasure Coding Scheme|
|$0.02 USD/GB/mo.||2.5 transactions per second (tps)/Terabyte (TB)||10+2|
|$0.04 USD/GB/mo.||5 transactions per second (tps)/Terabyte (TB)||12+4|
Avoid unpredictable cloud storage expenses
Cloud data storage facilitates fast deployment and limitless scalability. But without planning, customers can find their costs spiraling out of control.
Rackspace provides transparent, storage capacity-based pricing that includes data egress, retrieval and API calls at no additional cost and helps organizations make their information actionable and available to the right people at the right time.
Rackspace Object Storage Offering
Rackspace Object Storage is a fully managed object storage service powered by hardware from leading OEMs directly attached to customers' multicloud compute via the Rackspace Technology private global backbone.
This service provides a multi-petabyte scalable, multi-tiered S3 object storage environment available from our globally distributed data centers. Rackspace Technology continues to lead the industry with transparent, capacity-based pricing.
Rackspace Object Storage is an S3 data storage service designed to help organizations store, protect, and utilize large pools of unstructured data as best fits their needs. Our transparent, storage capacity-based pricing includes Rackspace data egress, retrieval and API calls at no additional cost and helps organizations make their information actionable and available to the right people at the right time. Key differentiators from major hyperscale cloud service providers include:
- Transparent pricing based on storage used with no Rackspace charges for data egress, API transaction fees and services associated with archive retrieval.
- All data is available on demand. No delays to mount or reconstitute.
- Performance metric-based service tiers.
- High performance multicloud connectivity.
- Data mobility: We don’t charge data-egress fees or API call fees, allowing you to save up to 80% over what the hyperscale public cloud providers charge.
- Centralized access: Make centralized file storage a focus of your multicloud environment, ensuring that data flows rapidly between clouds.
- Cost optimization: A fixed subscription reduces billing surprises.
- InfoSec: Software-defined D@RE FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliant encryption and data transmission is protected by Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS), with an industry standard AES-256 cipher.
- Multi-tier performance: As performance needs change, customers can migrate between tiers with minimal downtime.
- Resiliency: Seamlessly replicate data across multiple Rackspace Technology data centers in disparate geographies.
- Quality of service: Guaranteed IOPS/GB with enforcement of QoS.
- Non-disruptive scaling: As your data set size changes, scale up capacity without downtime.
- Low maintenance: Our storage experts build, monitor, maintain, optimize and upgrade the underlying technology for you.
Rackspace Object Storage is a fully managed data storage service that supports any application that utilizes the S3 RESTful API to interact with the storage service.
- Data archiving and backup: Lower performance level, low-cost, long-term data storage and archiving option for organizations. It simultaneously keeps the data accessible, without compromising on scalability, security, or durability.
- Rich media storage and delivery: Facilitates large scale and cost-effective storage and global distribution of rich media, such as music, video, and images.
- Cloud-native apps: Object-based storage provides an effective persistent cloud storage option for building and migrating to cloud-native apps.
- Big data analytics: Store large amounts of any data type to enable machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and advanced analytics systems.
- Internet of Things: Object storage supports machine-to-machine data transformation produced by Internet of Things (IoT) devices, enabling machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and advanced analytics systems.
Unstructured data is the lifeblood of any organization and the ability to seamlessly deliver, analyze for insights, enable automation, and transform companies is priceless. But if you choose the wrong provider, costly egress fees may lock you into a single hyperscaler, making it difficult to move data to another cloud as needed.
Rackspace Data Freedom enables you to remove these barriers by storing data centrally, outside of any cloud, and transporting it via our private, fast and secure global network backbone while ensuring your data is available to any cloud service.
Whether public cloud, private, hybrid or multicloud, Rackspace Technology has the solution to make your data work for you, regardless of where it’s located.
“With the right technology in place, we can gain real insight in real time. The ability to knowledge-share across huge geography, many ranches and many people speaking different languages is going to be a game changer.”See the Case Study
Discover a partnership that can help you achieve more – for your people, your business and your customers – today and into the future.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.
You may withdraw your consent to receive additional information from Rackspace Technology at any time. Information collected in this form is subject to the Rackspace Technology Privacy Notice.
Rackspace Technology Support
To create a ticket or chat with a specialist regarding your account, log into your account.
Rackspace Technology Careers
Rackspace Technology accelerates the value of the cloud during every phase of a customer’s digital transformation. Join us on our mission.